Another simple, delicious & healthy snack idea coming at ya today!
I'm in LOVE with these energy bites! If you are a Pinterest person, I'm sure you've seen recipes like this.
Thanks to Chef Savvy and Gimme Some Oven, I've made my own take on these tasty treats. Full of all the good stuff, these bites take about 20 minutes to make (including cooling time in the fridge) and freeze really well too! They are totally versatile in terms of add ins. I'd love to try almond butter, pumpkin seeds and cocoa nibs next time!
Hope you enjoy these little bites of heaven 😊
Energy Bites (Serves: 1 1/2 Dozen)
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 cup nut butter (I used smooth peanut butter!) ***
- 1/4 cup unsweetened flaked coconut
- 1/4 flax seed
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips
- 1 Tbsp honey
1. Place all ingredients in large mixing bowl. Combine together with your hands until well mixed.
2. Cover mixture and place in the fridge for around 20 minutes until it firms up.
3. With an ice cream scoop, make bite sized balls one at a time. Roll together with your hands until they form desired shape.
4. Store in an air tight container in the fridge for up to 1 week or in the freezer for up to 3 months.
***You may need to use more nut butter here depending on the add ins you use. Start with 1/2 cup but you may require an additional 1/4 cup.