Hello! I'm excited to be sharing some super easy, healthy & delicious 30 minute meal ideas with you this week! I don't know about you but there is nothing worse then trying to figure out what's for dinner at the end of a busy day. This week I'll be featuring recipes with ingredients I bet you already have on hand, making healthy cooking that much easier for you!
I love stir fry recipes because:\
A. You can use any vegetables you have on hand or any protein too (or go straight up veggie if that's your jam!)
and B. There are SO many sauces you can whip up in no time to add a ton of flavour!
For this dish, I used vegetables (broccoli, onions, carrots, bell peppers and sugar snap peas) plus chicken as well. The sauce is really delicious and the whole dish comes together in under 30...score!
Honey Garlic Chicken Stir Fry
- 2 Tbsp olive oil, divided
- 5 cups vegetables of your choice (I used about 1 cup of each: broccoli, carrots, sugar snap peas, bell peppers and onion)
- 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breast, cut into bite sized pieces
For the sauce
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 3 Tbsp honey
- 2 tsp corn starch
- salt and pepper; to taste
1. Add 1 Tbsp of oil to large skillet and begin to saute vegetables over medium high heat, starting with the ones that require longer cooking time (aka broccoli, carrots or cauliflower). Saute for 5 minutes.
2. Add in the remaining vegetables. Cook under tender, about 5 extra minutes.
3. Remove vegetables from skillet and set aside. Using a paper towel, wipe out the pan and add in additional olive oil. Add in chicken and cook over medium high heat for 7-9 minutes, or until no longer pink.
4. While the chicken cooks, mix together sauce ingredients in large glass measuring cup. Add in garlic, broth, soy sauce and honey. Whisk to combine. Season with salt and pepper and set aside.
5. Once chicken is fully cooked, add in your cooked vegetable mixture turn down temperature to medium. Add cornstarch to your sauce and whisk to combine.
6. Next, add in sauce to the skillet with chicken and vegetables and stir to combine. Stir until heated through, about 4-5 minutes.
7. Enjoy on its own or serve with rice or noodles.