You guys. These scones deserve all the heart eyes 😍
Stumbled upon this recipe by Land O Lakes a few months ago and I'm so glad that I did! This recipe provides light, airy and crumbling scones with rich white chocolate chunks and tart dried cranberries. It reminds me SO much of Starbucks bliss bar - which is definitely one of my faves!
These are so easy to whip up for V-Day tomorrow or just a sweet treat anytime of year! I hope you enjoy these as much as I do!
White Chocolate Cranberry Scones (modified from Land O Lakes)
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon freshly grated lemon zest
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup milk
- 3/4 cup dried cranberries, coarsely chopped
- 3/4 cups white baking chips
1. Heat oven to 400.
2. Combine flour, sugar, baking powder, lemon zest and salt in bowl; cut in butter with pastry blender or fork until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in milk; mix until dough holds together. Stir in cranberries and white baking chips.
3. Turn dough onto lightly floured surface; knead 5 to 10 times or until dough is smooth. Divide dough into 4 equal pieces; shape each piece into 8-inch log. Cut each log into 4 (2-inch) pieces; cut each piece in half diagonally to form small triangles.
4. Place scones, at least 1 inch apart, onto ungreased baking sheet. Bake 9-11 minutes or until golden brown around edges. Cool completely.