Here's a sweet little treat that's easy to whip up right in time for Valentine's Day! With just a few simple ingredients, these are sure to be a hit! I'd love to experiment with different types of filling too to make some other delicious treats ❤ Feel free to make your own dough if you wish too - if you're fancy like that....
Cherry Hand Pies (Yield: around 6 pies)
- 1 package (or 2 sheets) pre-made pie crust (Pillsbury has 2 sheets in their pack)
- 1 can cherry pie filling
- 1 egg beaten plus 2 Tbsp water
- 1/4 tsp each of cinnamon and sugar
1. Preheat oven to 400. Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. Roll out pie dough so both pieces are an even size.
3. Using a cookie cutter or round drinking glass, begin to cut shapes out of the dough. Make sure you cut the same amount of shapes out of both sheets of dough! I was able to cut 6 hearts from each sheet.
4. Transfer half of your shapes onto baking sheet.
5. Place 1 Tbsp of pie filling in the middle of each shape.
6. Create a top crust by placing another shape gently on top of the pie filling. Using a fork to gently press both pieces together.Using a sharp knife, gently cut a slit in the top of each pie to allow the steam to escape.
7. Beat egg and water together and brush on top of completed pie.
8. Mix cinnamon and sugar together in separate bowl and sprinkle on top of each pie.
9. Bake for 15-17 minutes, until top is crisp and golden brown.
10. With a sharp knife, gently cut around any pie filling that has escaped during the bake time.
11. Allow to cool slightly on cooking rack before serving. Top with ice cream or enjoy with a light dusting of icing sugar.