Today I'm sharing one of my most favourite appetizers 😍
This classic dish is perfect for a Valentine's Day appetizer (or really any time of year!) and is so simple to whip up! The creamy ricotta layer takes this dish to the next level. I love serving this appetizer on a fresh baguette or crusty multigrain bread for extra crunch. I hope you enjoy this delicious dish!
Creamy Ricotta & Tomato Bruschetta
- 1 baguette, sliced into 1/4 inch slices
- 2 large roma tomatoes, finely diced
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp white vinegar
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 Tbsp basil, thinly sliced and divided
- 1/3 cup ricotta cheese
- 5 Tbsp parmesan cheese
- Salt and pepper, to taste
1. Slice baguette into thin 1/4 inch rounds. Place on baking sheet and drizzle with olive oil. Roast under a 500 degree broiler until golden brown (about 4-5 minutes).
2. Finely dice tomatoes and place in mixing bowl. Add in garlic powder, vinegar, olive oil and 1 Tbsp of basil. Season with salt and pepper and mix to combine.
3. In a small mixing bowl, mix ricotta cheese, parmesan cheese and 1 Tbsp of basil. Season with salt and pepper and mix to combine.
4. Spread a generous layer of the cheese mixture on each piece of toasted baguette. Top with tomatoes and garnish with extra cheese or basil.