Okay...this soup is just WAY too good! If you love rich & creamy soups, this guy is for you!
I'm seriously blown away by how flavourful this soup is with just a few simple ingredients I'm sure you already have on hand. It's also an unbelievably easy crock pot recipe (I'm sure it can be adapted to your stove top or Instant pot too!) - just dump in the ingredients, let simmer & enjoy!
Creamy Italian Chicken Soup
- 1 large boneless skinless chicken breast
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 large green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 cup button mushrooms, chopped
- 2 - 14 oz cans diced tomatoes (with juice)
- 1-650 ml jar tomato sauce (I used Classico Roasted Red Pepper)
- 1-14 oz can coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning (or mixture of dried parsley, basil, oregano, thyme)
- Salt & pepper, to taste
1. In large crock pot, add in chicken breast, onion, garlic, pepper, mushrooms and tomatoes. Stir to combine.
2. Next add in tomato sauce, coconut milk and spices. Stir until completely mixed.
3. Cook on high for 4-6 hours or low for 7-8 hours*.
4. Remove chicken breast, shred and place back into crock pot. Give it a stir to combine.
5. Serve warm and enjoy!
* Cook time depends on your crock pot! Mine cooks pretty hot, it was done at 5 hours on high.
**Recipe adapted from Caramel Potato