Wow. Wow. Wow. 😍 I'm in LOVE with this soup!
If you've made my chicken curry stir fry, you'll be in love with the flavors in this soup! The rich, creamy broth tames down the heat of the red curry paste & leaves a nice, palatable spice on your tongue. It's packed full of yummy vegetables & hearty chicken to keep you full all day long. Next time I may add in rice noodles - if you try it with noodles let me know!
I really hope you enjoy this recipe as much as I do!
Spicy Thai Chicken Soup
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 medium zucchini, diced
- 2 large carrots, diced
- 1 bell pepper, diced
- 1 cup mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 2 chicken breasts, cooked and shredded (rotisserie chicken would work!)
- 4 Tbsp red curry paste
- 1 Tbsp sweet chili sauce
- 1 - 14 oz can coconut milk
- 4 cups chicken broth
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
- Juice from 1 lime
1. In large pot over medium high heat, saute olive oil and garlic for 1 minute until fragrant.
2. Add in carrots and onions. Saute for 5 minutes.
3. Add in zucchini,pepper, and mushrooms. Saute for another 5 minutes.
4. Lower heat to medium. Add in shredded chicken breast and stir to combine.
5. Add in red curry paste and sweet chili sauce and stir for 1 minute to coat chicken and vegetables.
6. Add in coconut milk and chicken broth. Stir to combine. Seasons with salt and pepper to taste.
7. Let simmer on low for about 20 minutes.
8. Before serving, add in chopped cilantro and lime juice.
9. Serve hot and enjoy! (Top with additional cilantro if you prefer)