Hello! I'm excited to be sharing some new soup recipes with you this week! I don't know about you, but this cold weather is putting me right into hibernation mode 😂 All I want it a nice, big bowl of warm, comforting soup (maybe wearing sweats and under a warm blanket on the couch too.....)
This soup is super easy, very delicious & packed full of hearty vegetables! A tip: cook the orzo separately. That way it doesn't soak up all of your delicious broth! Add in as much as you'd like before you warm it up in the microwave and you're ready to enjoy!
Creamy Orzo & Vegetable Soup
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 cup chopped broccoli
- 2 cups chopped carrots
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup frozen corn
- 1/2 cup frozen peas
- 1 cup chopped mushrooms
- 3 Tbsp flour
- 3 cups milk of your choice (cream would work too!)
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 2 cups orzo, cooked
- salt and pepper, to taste
1. In large stock pot over medium high heat, saute oil and garlic for one minute until fragrant.
2. Add in broccoli, onion and carrots. Saute for about 5 minutes.
3. Add in mushrooms, corn and peas. Saute for 5 minutes more or until vegetables are fork tender.
4. Add in flour and cook for about 1 minute. Ensure you are stirring the whole time.
5. Beginning with the milk, add in one cup at a time, whisking in between to remove any lumps.
6. Add in the chicken broth. Add salt and pepper to taste as you wish.
7. Lower heat to medium low and simmer for 20 minutes.
8. During this time, cook your orzo as per package instructions. Drain when cooked.
9. Add in desired amount of cooked orzo into soup bowl. Ladle in desired amount of soup. Serve warm. Enjoy!