Hi, everyone! Doing a bit of a different blog post today as I've been receiving some questions lately about me and how I started the blog so I thought I'd take the time and fill you in 😊
If you're new around here...hello! Thanks for stopping by! My name is Karlie and this is Karlie's Kitchen! I started my Instagram page a little of a year ago as a way to post easy, healthy & delicious recipes. I'm a firm believer in healthy eating (with a few treats, of course!) and cooking meals at home. I don't follow a specific "diet" (ex. low carb, Keto, etc), I try to create meals that are healthy while still packed with flavour.
While I'm not a trained chef by any means (I'm an elementary school teacher actually!), I've always had a passion for cooking. Even as a young kid, some of my earliest memories were publishing my own cook book on my family computer or hosting cooking shows in my back yard for my family and neighbors while I mixed rocks and leaves in my Little Tykes red wagon 😂 For a minute I did consider becoming a trained chef however my passion for teaching and children seemed like a better balance for my life. I have no regrets for becoming a teacher (even on the most challenging days) as the relationships I get to build with my littles truly is amazing ❤
That being said, I was still having so much fun creating recipes and sharing the food I was creating, I decided to take the plunge and start an Instagram page. I posted for a while without many followers or likes and it was a bit discouraging. While I don't have the worlds largest following, I still enjoy sharing what I'm cooking and honestly am so appreciative for every comment, like or share. It makes what I do feel worth it!
Here are a few things about me:
1. I have 2 extra large dogs that I share my home (and bed!) with. They are both rescues and are the sweetest pups you'd ever meet.
2. I have ran 4 marathons and completed 2 duathlons. Being active is a huge part of my life & competing is a thrill that I can't even put into words!
3. I LOVE TEA. It's an obsessions.....can't stop. Won't stop.
4. While I'm too scared to watch crime shows on TV, I love listening to true crime podcasts. It's so interesting to me!
5. I have a huge sweet tooth. Dessert is always a must in my opinion!
6. My dream vacation is to either Iceland or Greece...hopefully both with happen in the near future!
7. My favourite show has to be The Office. I've watched it at least 6 times through and still makes me laugh every time.
Anyway, a little insight into my blog. Thanks for stopping by! If you ever have questions or recipe suggestions, feel free to contact me and I'd be happy to collab with you!
All the best,