Hi and happy Monday! This week I’m excited to be sharing some of my favourite game day recipes to get you ready for the Super Bowl!
Of course there are so many reasons to love Super Bowl Sunday...the game, the commercials, the half time show but most importantly, the food! Check back all week as I share some of my favourite lightened up snacks to make for the big game. I’ve taken your all time favourite treats & added a few healthy twists. I really hope you enjoy them! 😊
Today is a classic - vegetarian chili. A nice, subtlety spicy dish that is perfect in the crock pot for a make ahead meal everyone will love!
Vegetarian Chili (Serves: 8)
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1-28 oz can diced tomatoes
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 2 Tbsp tomato paste
- 2-14 oz cans Chili style beans
- 1 small can chopped green chilies
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 Tbsp paprika
- 1 Tbsp cumin
- 2 Tbsp Chili powder
- Salt & pepper, to taste
- Garnish with cheese, sour cream, green onion if preferred
1. Chop bell pepper and onion. Add to slow cooker.
2. Next, add in tomatoes, broth, tomato paste, chilies & beans to slow cooker. Stir until combined.
3. Add in garlic and spices. Stir once more.
4. Cover your slow cooker and cook on low for up to 6 hours.
5. Serve warm with crusty bread and preferred garnishes. Enjoy!