Looking for another quick & delicious breakfast idea that can be made in a pinch?! Look no further than this simple recipe!
I love baked oatmeal - it's filling, delicious & can be made with a ton of different add ins (apple cinnamon, peanut butter, fresh fruit...). These oatmeal cups are also freezer friendly & are great to have on hand for those busy mornings. *Recipe modified from Recipe Rebel*
Baked Oatmeal Cups (makes 24 oatmeal cups)
3 overripe bananas mashed
2 large eggs
2 cups milk or milk alternative
1/2 cup sweetener of your choice (I used honey)
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
2 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 teaspoons cinnamon
4 cups large flake rolled oats
1/2 cup chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 350 and spray or line 2 muffin tins. * They can get pretty sticky to the paper liners!
2. Mash bananas in a large bowl. Add in eggs, milk and sweetener (honey) and whisk until smooth and combined.
3. Next, add in baking powder, vanilla and cinnamon. Whisk to combine.
4. Stir in rolled oats until mixed together.
5. Fill each muffin tin with mixture. Top with a few chocolate chips.
6. Bake at 350 for 25-28 minutes, ensuring center is baked through.
7. Enjoy! * These can also be frozen too!