Hi everyone! Hope your week is off to an excellent start! This week I'm excited to be sharing some of my favourite breakfast recipes. If you're like me, things can easily get a bit rushed when you're trying to get up and out the door for work or school in the morning. While skipping breakfast may seem like an easy way to save a few minutes, studies show the negative effects of skipping this important meal.
So today I'm sharing 2 of my favourite smoothie recipes! With the cold temps we've been having here in Winnipeg, this smoothie transports you right to a warm beach....yes please!
Pineapple Pina Colada Smoothie (serves: 1)
- 1 small banana, peeled and sliced into chunks
- 1 cup frozen pineapple
- 1/2 cup Greek yogurt
- 1 Tbsp shredded unsweetened coconut
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup milk/milk alternative (My favourite is the coconut/almond milk blend from Silk!)
1. In a blender, place all ingredients.
2. Put on lid and blend until combined.
3. Serve chilled and enjoy!
***For a Strawberry Pina Colada Smootie, replace frozen pineapple with frozen strawberries. SO DELICIOUS!