Hi there! Today I'm sharing another simple recipe that is on constant rotation in my house!
I REALLY love this recipe because...
A. It's delicious (duh)
B. It's super easy!
C. ANY (and I mean any) vegetables work in this dish so it's the perfect "clean out your fridge" kind of meal
D. It's super healthy
Here are a few adaptations for this recipe:
- One thing I will say is you can totally add a crust if you want to. I've used a frozen pie crust with this recipe and it works really well. I prefer it crustless but that's just me!
- Another great tip is to make this recipe and put it into greased muffin tins. Works like a charm if you're looking for a more portion controlled option.
- If you're wanting to add in any type of protein, do it! Crumbled bacon or breakfast sausage work great in this recipe! Add in roughly 1 cup of precooked protein if you wish.
Crustless Vegetable Quiche (Serves: 6)
- 3 cups assorted chopped vegetables (onions, peppers, broccoli, mushrooms, spinach...all winners!)
- 5 eggs
- 1/3 cup light mayo
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 cup shredded cheese (I use cheddar)
- salt and pepper, to taste
1. Preheat oven to 375.
2. Chop veggies into bite sized pieces.
3. In a large mixing bowl, add eggs, milk and mayo. Whisk until combined.
4. Add in vegetable and cheese. Stir until combined.
5. Grease a pie plate and add in filling mixture.
6. Place pie plate on cookie sheet (trust me on this...your oven will thank you if there's any boil over!).
7. Make for 40-45 minutes or until set. There should be no jiggle in the center and the center should feel firm.
8. Serve hot or cold and enjoy!