It's Taco Tuesday and today I am sharing a quick & healthy lunch idea that is quick to make but is BIG on flavour! This is a great meal prep recipe to have on hand for those busy times or for a quick lunch on the go. The longest part of the recipe is the marinating (which can be done over night!) to help save time.
I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as I do 😊
*Recipe adapted from Carlsbad Cravings*
Thai Chicken Tacos
Chicken and Marinade
1 1/2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts
1/4 cup fresh lime juice
1/4 cup soy sauce
3 Tbsp packed brown sugar
2 Tbsp olive oil
1 tsp red chili flakes
4 cloves garlic , minced
1 Tbsp peeled and minced ginger
1/3 cup chopped
1/3 cup chopped green onions
1/3 cup creamy peanut butter
2 Tbsp packed light brown sugar
1 Tbsp fresh lime juice
1 Tbsp soy sauce
1 clove garlic, minced
2 tsp peeled and finely minced ginger
1 tsp sriracha
2 Tbsp hot water
1. In a large glass measuring cup, mix lime juice, soy sauce, brown sugar, olive oil, chili flakes, garlic, ginger, cilantro and green onions until combined.
2. Cut chicken breasts into bite sized pieces. Add to the marinade mixture.
3. Marinade in the refrigerator for at least 4 hours.
4. In a large frying pan, cook chicken until no longer pink (about 12-15 minutes).
5. While chicken cooks, mix ingredients for peanut sauce. Place in the fridge to set.
6. Fill a tortilla with coleslaw mix and additional toppings you'd like. Top with chicken and drizzle with peanut sauce.