Hello friends and Happy New Year! I hope your 2019 is off to a great start. A lot of you had asked for me to show you easy & delicious lunch recipes...so here we go!
If you've been following me for a while, you know that I LOVE SOUP! All time favourite food - hands down! There is something so comforting about a big bowl of hearty, steaming, delicious soup and this recipe is no different! All of those classic lasagna flavours are wrapped up in one healthy dish that is perfect for meal prep & enjoying all week long!
Let me know if you make this recipe & what you think! It's one of my faves & I hope you enjoy it! :)
Lasagna Soup (Serves: 8)
- 1 lb extra lean ground beef or Italian sausage
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 large bell pepper, chopped
- 3 roma tomatoes, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1-14 oz can tomato sauce
- 4 cups beef broth
- 1 teaspoon of each; Italian seasoning blend, salt & pepper
- 2 lasagna noodles, broken into bite size pieces
- 1/4-1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, shredded
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- Parsley, cheese, ricotta cheese, to taste (optional)
1. In a large pot, brown ground beef until cooked through. Drain off excess fat.
2. Add in onion, pepper, tomatoes and garlic. Saute for 5 minutes until tender.
3. Stir in tomato sauce, beef broth and seasonings. Stir to combine and bring to boil.
4. Lower heat to medium low and add in broken lasagna noodles. Cooked until tender, about 10 minutes.
5. Stir in cheeses until combined.
6. Top with garnishes (optional), serve warm and enjoy!