Can you believe it!? Christmas is only 5 days away! If you're still looking for some easy dessert ideas, check out this weeks posts! Lots of great ideas to help you entertain in style.
Today I'm sharing a recipe I happened to find a few weeks ago for eggnog snickerdoodles. I'm on team eggnog all the way so these were a must-bake for sure! They are soft, fluffy, chewy & the perfect amount of cinnamon spiciness. I've made this recipe more times then I can count & have made some adjustments to really pump up the eggnog flavour. Hope you enjoy these perfect Christmas cookies as much as I do!
Eggnog Snickerdoodles (Serves: 3 dozen)
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 1/3 cups sugar, divided
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp rum extract (or be brave & use the real stuff!)
- 4 1/2 cups flour
- 1 tsp cream of tartar
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon, divided
- 1 cup eggnog
- 1 tsp ground nutmeg
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. In a large bowl, cream together the butter and 2 cups sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the egg and rum extract.
3. In a large bowl, sift together the flour, cream of tartar, baking soda, salt and 1 tsp of ground cinnamon.
4. Add the flour mixture to the creamed mixture, alternately with the eggnog. The dough will be thick and slightly sticky.
5. Mix together 1/3 cup sugar, 1 tsp ground cinnamon and 1 tsp ground nutmeg in a small bowl. Set aside.
6. Shape the dough into rounded tablespoons; roll in sugar and nutmeg mixture. Place 2 inches apart on ungreased baking sheets and bake for 8-10 minutes, or until cookies are just set and starting to crack.
7. Let cool on pans for 5 minutes before moving to cooling racks to finish cooling. These store great in the freezer for up to 1 month or in a sealed container on your counter for up to 5 days.
* recipe modified from Danielle at Let's Dish *