Okay, ready to find out how to make the easiest & most delicious dessert?! Check out these chocolate truffles! I had always seen truffle recipes pop up on Pintrest or Instagram and was beyond intimidated to try to make them. Last year I bit the bullet and decided to give them a try and I was beyond surprised how easy they were! I've never tried using another base besides Oreo cookies however there are tons of recipes using gingersnaps or sugar cookies that look super good too!
One of the reasons I enjoy this recipe is because it literally takes no time at all (can you sense a theme with my recipes? 😂). Follow the easy instructions below for your new favorite holiday treat!
PS - They also freeze really well! A great make ahead treat too!
Chocolate Truffles (Serves: 1 dozen)
- 1 - 500 gram package of chocolate sandwich cookies (about 45 in total)
- 1 brick cream cheese, softened
- 1 - 270 gram package semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 Tbsp coconut oil (vegetable oil also works!)
1. Finely crush cookies in food processor or place cookies in plastic bag and crush with a rolling pin.
2. Next add in cream cheese. If using a food processor, pulse until cream cheese has been fully incorporated. If using mixing bowl and spoon, stir until no lumps or bumps remain in your mixture.
3. Line cookie sheet with tin foil. Begin to roll cookie and cream cheese mixture into golf ball sized balls. Place on the cookie sheet once rolled.
4. Place truffles in the freezer for 20 minutes to set.
5. Once set, melt chocolate and oil in a microwave safe bowl on high in 30 second intervals, stirring in between until no lumps or bumps remain and chocolate is smooth.
6. Take chilled truffles out of the freezer. Place them on at a time in the melted chocolate. Use a spoon to cover the Oreo balls and remove with a fork; shaking them off to remove any excess chocolate.Place back onto your lined tray and decorate as you wish!
7. Once you have finished, place tray back into the freezer to set (about 10 minutes). These can be enjoyed right away or stored in a freezer safe container for up to 1 month. Enjoy!