Is there anything more comforting then a nice big steaming hot bowl of chicken noodle soup? I think not! This comforting classic is the perfect soup to get you through the business of the holidays! 😊
I made this soup on the stove but I'm sure it would be equally as great in the slow cooker if you want to leave it to simmer all day. A coworker of mine added dill to her chicken noodle soup and I don't think I'll ever make it without it again! Trust me - the flavour is FIRE.
Also,a little hint for making a soup with noodles...make the noodles separately and add them in when you eat! That way they don't get all mushy and soak up that delicious broth. I hope you love this soup as much as I do!
Chicken Noodle Soup
1 large chicken breast
1 Tbsp olive oil
3 medium carrots, chopped
1 large onion, chopped
3 stalks of celery, chopped
1 clove garlic, minced
6 cups of chicken broth
1/4 cup of fresh dill, chopped
1 cup macaroni or spaghetti noodles
Salt and pepper to taste
1. In a large stock pot, add in carrots, onions, celery, and oil. Cook about 5 minutes over medium high heat.
2. Add in garlic and saute for 2 minutes until fragrant.
3. Lower heat to medium and add in chicken broth, salt and pepper.
4. Place chicken breast in the pot. Simmer for 15-20 minutes or until chicken in cooked through.
***While this is simmering, boil your noodles of your choosing!
5. Remove chicken and shred with 2 forks or cut into bite sized pieces.
6. Add chicken back into the pot and stir in dill.
7. Simmer for a few minutes more.
8. Ladle in a big scoop of soup and top with noodles.
9. Serve hot and enjoy!