Hands down this is one of my favourite salads to make when hosting. Not only is it so yummy (talk about texture...crunchy, creamy, and all that jazz) but it also presents beautifully!
It’s also a great make ahead salad since you can prep the dressing and beets before hand and even pre-crumble the cheese too! Then when it’s time to eat, toss it altogether and you’ve made another quick & easy side for the holidays 😊
Beet, Pecan and Goat Cheese Salad (Serves: 10)
For the salad
- 2-3 large beets cooked, peeled and chopped
- 1 package spinach (or lettuce of your choice)
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup crumbled goat cheese
For the dressing
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- juice from 1 lemon
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- dash of pepper, garlic powder and salt to taste
***I taste this as I go. Sometimes it's a bit more seasoning or a bit less. Try whatever you like!
1. Peel and chop beets. Roast or boil (totally your choice!) your beets until fork tender. Let cool.
2. Wash and dry spinach (or lettuce). Place in large salad bowl.
3. Add chopped pecans and goat cheese. Mix to combine.
4. Top with cooled beets & place in the fridge until ready to serve.
5. Before serving, drizzle dressing over top & toss to coat your salad. Serve and enjoy!