Hello and happy Monday! The holiday season is in full swing and I'll be posting easy side dishes all week to add flavour & pizzazz to your festive plans!
Today I'm sharing an easy, delicious & mouth watering brussels sprouts recipe. I love these guys so much but they get a bad rap! But trust me..if you serve them with bacon, I guarantee they will be a hit at your next holiday get together!
Roasted Brussels Sprouts & Bacon
4-5 strips of bacon, cut into bite size pieces
1 pound brussels sprouts, trimmed and washed
1 tsp olive oil ***
1 tsp salt, pepper & garlic powder
1. Preheat oven to 375.
2. Cook bacon pieces until crisp, reserve bacon grease.
3. Place washed and trimmed sprouts in casserole dish. Drizzle with bacon grease, adding in olive oil to ensure brussels sprouts are coated.
4. Add in seasonings to taste.
5. Roast for 25 minutes. Test to ensure they are fork tender.
6. Add in bacon pieces and roast for additional 5 minutes until bacon is warm.
7. Serve hot and enjoy!
***Only add in olive oil if you don't have enough bacon grease to coat your sprouts!