Hello! Here is another one of my ultimate soup recipes...chunky Italian vegetable! Hearty & filling & full of yummy vegetables, this is the perfect meal for a cold winter day :)
Chunky Italian Vegetable Soup (Serves: 6)
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 3 large carrots, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic , minced
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 1-28 oz can diced tomatoes
- 1 - 14 oz can tomato sauce or pasta sauce
- 1- 14 oz can cannellini or kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1-14 oz can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1/4 tsp of each; dried thyme and oregano
- 1 tsp each; salt and pepper
- 1 small zucchini, chopped
- 1/4 cup frozen spinach, thawed and chopped
- Parmesan cheese, to taste
1. In a large pot over medium heat, saute carrots, onions and garlic in olive oil under tender crisp.
2. Add in broth, tomatoes, tomato sauce, beans, and chickpeas. Stir and season with spices. Let simmer for 10 minutes on medium high heat.
3. Add in spinach and zucchini, simmer for 5 minutes more or until zucchini is tender. Top with Parmesan cheese and serve warm.